Introducing #realflowersoftheseason - A new floral hashtag that celebrates seasonal flowers
What is #realflowersoftheseason?
This is a new hashtag competition that celebrates the wonderful variety of flowers that become available
as we move through the seasons. As sustainable flower farmers we want to shake up the cut flower
market by encouraging people to think about how their flowers have been grown and where they come
from. That’s why we’ve been inspired to start #realflowersoftheseason. The first glorious scented garden
roses we pick on the farm each spring are made all the sweeter by our awareness that the timeframe for
enjoying them is limited. Our English sweet pea season is always an exciting time on our Chichester
sweet pea farm and in autumn we glory in a wealth of berries and rosehips.
How our monthly Instagram floral photo competition works
Each month we’ll pick our favourite image posted using the hashtag #realflowersoftheseason. The
winner will receive a bouquet of freshly cut seasonal flowers from our sustainable farm. To make sure
we see your image, please also tag us in using @therealflowerco. Then each season we’ll feature a
selection of our favourite images on our blog. As flowers are delicate and perishable, there are some
terms and conditions. See below for the small print.
What images should I post using #realflowersoftheseason?
Any image that captures and celebrates what is flowering now. Our little London flower shop in Chelsea
Green is full of freshly picked seasonal flowers from our farm. You are welcome to come and take a
picture there, or to capture one of our seasonal bouquets or to share your own seasonal blooms using
the hashtag. If you are a florist, our trade team can help you with what’s available from our farms now.
Why create a new floral hashtag?
One of the things we adore about Instagram is the shared love of flowers within the community. We are
constantly astounded by the floral creativity we find in those little squares. But for us what is even more
exciting is the way the Instagram community recognises and celebrates the changing seasons through
flowers – delicate blossoms and magnolia in spring, vibrant peonies and roses in summer, dahlias and
blazing autumn leaves, then the glossy evergreen foliage and berries of winter. So we thought
Instagram would be the perfect place to champion a revolution in the flower market that might help to
change the fact that currently only 10% of cut flowers sold in the UK are grown here.
I’m a florist, can I still enter?
Absolutely. We’ll pick our favourite image each month regardless of whether it has been created by a
professional florist or not. And we’ll still send you a complementary bouquet if your image is chosen. We
always enjoy seeing what our trade customers have created with the flowers grown on our farms. If you
are a florist, you are also welcome to tag our trade account @therealflowercotrade.
Sign up to receive newsletters featuring our seasonal bouquets here.
If you are a florist, you can sign up to receive our weekly email with what’s in bloom and available here.
We love this chart of what’s flowering created by Market Flowers for British Flowers Week.
Terms and conditions
- The competition starts on the first of each calendar month and finishes on the last day of
the calendar month.
- You must be 13 years old or over at the time of entry.
- To enter you must use the hashtag #realflowersoftheseason and tag either @therealflowerco or @therealflowercotrade. Tagging us in your image is not compulsory but it helps to make sure that we see what you’ve created.
- The prize is not transferrable.
- One winner will receive a medium Florist’s Choice bouquet
- We can deliver the bouquet to most UK addresses but there are some exceptions, here
are the details.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with,
Instagram. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless Instagram from any and
all liability associated with this promotion.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are not received for any reason.
- If you win the competition we’ll notify you by private message. If we cannot contact you
or you do not respond within two weeks, we reserve the right to offer the prize to another
- By using the hash tag you are giving your consent for The Real Flower Company to
feature your image on their Instagram page with a clear credit.